Staff recommends the appointment of Mrs. Carol Schlachtenhaufen to a five-year term as a member of the Library Advisory Board, said term to expire on September 30, 2015. The position was advertised as required.
Mrs. Schlachtenhaufen’s term expired on September 30, 2010. She has completed the required form to seek reappointment to the Library Advisory Board. Mrs. Schlachtenhaufen has served on the Board since 2008. She is a retired secondary school educator.
1. Appoint the applicant, Mrs. Carol Schlachtenhaufen, to the Library Advisory Board; or
2. Such alternative action as the Commission may deem appropriate.
There is no fiscal impact.
Prepared by: ______________________
Attachments: Yes____ No ______
Advertised: ____Not Required ______
Attorney Review : Yes___ No ____
Reviewed by: Dept. Head ________
Finance Dept. __________________
Deputy C.M. ___________________
City Manager ___________________
Account No. _________________
Project No. ___________________
WF No. ______________________
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF LEESBURG, FLORIDA, APPOINTING CAROL SCHLACHTENHAUFEN TO THE LIBRARY ADVISORY BOARD TO FILL A FIVE-YEAR TERM OF OFFICE TO END SEPTEMBER 30, 2015; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
BE IT RESOLVED BY THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF LEESBURG, FLORIDA:
1. THAT the City of Leesburg Commission finds there is an appointment to be made to the Library Advisory Board in keeping with Section 2, Division 3 (2-92) of the Code of Ordinance of the City relating to the provision of library services.
2. THAT the City Commission hereby appoints Carol Schlachtenhaufen for a five-year term to expire September 30, 2015.
3. THAT this resolution shall become effective immediately.
PASSED AND ADOPTED by the City Commission of the City of Leesburg, Florida, at a regular meeting held the _22nd____ day of __November_______ 2010