AGENDA MEMORANDUM

 

 

Meeting Date:           September 12, 2011

 

From:                          Mike Thornton, Purchasing Manager

 

Subject:                       Purchase Request 43976 to Physio-Control, Inc. for a LifePak 15 defibrillator/monitor

 

 

Staff Recommendation:

Staff recommends approval of purchase request 43976 to Physio-Control, Inc. in the amount of $28,716.40 for a LifePak 15 defibrillator/monitor for use at the Fire Department.

 

Analysis:

Currently, the Fire Department has four LifePak 12 defibrillator/monitor units that are over ten (10) years old and near the end of their functional life.  The department is requesting the purchase of a new defibrillator/monitor to replace one of the older units.

 

On July 25, 2011, the City Commission approved accepting a Florida Department of Health grant to fund a portion of the purchase price of a LifePak 15 defibrillator/monitor.  The Fire Department is now seeking approval of the purchase of the defibrillator/monitor from Physio-Control, Inc.

 

There are other defibrillator/monitors for responders on the market, however the Fire Department requests the LifePak 15 be purchased from Physio-Control, Inc. to maintain equipment standardization.  Purchase of the LifePak 15 will provide familiarity among the firefighters that use this equipment.  While the LifePak 15 is a newer model than the LifePak 12 currently used, the controls, layout, and functionality will be similar to the remaining 3 LifePak 12 defibrillators/monitors.

 

Options:

1. Approve the purchase request to Physio-Control, Inc. or;

2.  Such alternative action as the Commission may deem appropriate

 

Fiscal Impact

Funding for this purchase comes from a 75/25 grant from the Florida Department of Health.  The grant will pay for 75% or $21,537.30 with the City funding the remaining 25% or $7,179.10.  A budget adjustment has been processed to provide the City funding for this purchase.


 

Submission Date and Time:    9/8/2011 7:34 PM____

 

Department: _Fire Department__________

Prepared by:  _Armida Jones__________                     

Attachments:         Yes____   No _X_____

Advertised:   ____Not Required _X_____                     

Dates:   __________________________                     

Attorney Review :       Yes___  No _X___

                                                

_________________________________           

Revised 6/10/04

 

Reviewed by: Dept. Head ________

 

Finance  Dept. _____JB___________                                     

                              

Deputy C.M. ___________________                                                                         

Submitted by:

City Manager ___________________

 

Account No. _001-2220-522-6410__

 

Project No. ___EMS003_________

 

WF No. ______________________

_

Budget  ______$30,737.00_________

 

Available _____$30,737.00_________