AGENDA (Supporting Docs)
CITY COMMISSION MEETING
COMMISSION CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2013 5:30 PM
1. CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
2. PROCLAMATIONS: None
3. PRESENTATIONS: None
4. CONSENT AGENDA:
Routine items are placed on the Consent Agenda to expedite the meeting. If the Commission/Staff wish to discuss any item, the procedure is as follows: (1) pull the item(s) from the Consent Agenda; (2) vote on remaining items with one roll call vote, (3) discuss each pulled item and vote by roll call
A. CITY COMMISSION MEETING MINUTES: None
B. PURCHASING ITEMS: None
1. Resolution approving a special transfer from the Workers Compensation Fund to the Capital Projects Fund in the amount of $26,000.00 and to the General Fund for $24,000.00, or a total of $50,000.00 for various capital projects (Agenda Memos, Supporting Docs)
D. OTHER ITEMS:
5. PUBLIC HEARINGS AND NON-ROUTINE ITEMS:
COMPREHENSIVE PLAN INFORMATION SIGN-UP SHEET (YELLOW) AVAILABLE
A. Public Hearing on the proposed millage and proposed budget for Fiscal Year 2013-14.
1. Announce the name of the taxing authority, the rolled back rate, and the millage rate to be levied
2. Discuss the proposed aggregate millage rate
3. Request comments from the public regarding the millage rate and budget
4. Resolution finally adopting the millage rate of 4.3179 per $1,000 taxable value for Fiscal Year 2013-14 (Agenda Memos)
5. Second reading of an ordinance adopting the Fiscal Year 2013-14 budget (Supporting Docs)
6. Announce the adopted millage rate
6. INFORMATIONAL REPORTS:
The following reports are provided to the Commission in accordance with the Charter/Ordinances. No action required.
A. Miscellaneous Accounts Receivable Customers with City Attorney as of July 31, 2013 (Supporting Docs)
B. Expected Write Offs as of July 31, 2013 (Supporting Docs)
C. Financial Report of Receipts and Disbursements by Fund as of July 31, 2013 (Supporting Docs)
D. City Manager Contingency Budget as of July 31, 2013 (Supporting Docs)
E. City of Leesbug third quarter unaudited financial report (Supporting Docs)
7. CITY ATTORNEY ITEMS:
8. CITY MANAGER ITEMS:
9. PUBLIC COMMENTS:
This section is reserved for members of the public to bring up matters of concern or opportunities for praise. Issues brought up will not be discussed in detail at this meeting. Issues will either be referred to the proper staff or will be scheduled for consideration at a future City Commission Meeting. Comments are limited to two minutes.
10. ROLL CALL:
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES NEEDING ASSISTANCE TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY OF THESE PROCEEDINGS SHOULD CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT, ADA COORDINATOR, AT 728-9740, 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.
F.S.S. 286.0105 "If a person decides to appeal any decision made by the Commission with respect to any matter considered at this meeting, they will need a record of the proceedings, and that for such purpose they may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based." The City of Leesburg does not provide this verbatim record.