AGENDA MEMORANDUM

 

 

Meeting Date:           September 11, 2006

 

From:                          Edward F. Smyth, Jr., Assistant City Manager

 

Subject:                      Resolution authorizing execution of  the First Amendment to  the sub-lease with Sun Trust Bank for leased space for the Community Development Department at 1300 Citizens Boulevard, Leesburg, Florida.

 

 

Staff Recommendation:

Staff recommends adopting the attached resolution approving the first sub-lease addendum with Sun Trust Bank for space for the Community Development Department.

 

Analysis:

On June 26, 2006 the City Commission approved this lease for Community Development’s operations.  During the department’s preparations to design the new workspaces within the leased area, staff discovered a discrepancy in the landlord’s space calculations that yielded some additional space in the leased area.  Staff contacted the landlord, advised them of the discrepancy, and negotiated a compromise rate for the additional space. 

 

Options:

1.  Adopt the attached resolution to approve the additional space; or

2.  Such alternative action as the Commission may deem appropriate

 

Fiscal Impact

In the Fiscal Year 2007 budget, $99,892.80 (80% of the annual lease amount) will be allocated for this purpose from building permit fees and the remaining 20% ($24,973.20) will be budgeted in the Planning & Zoning operating budget, pending approval of the budget by the Commission.  A budget amendment in the amount of $8,666.00 will need to be approved in the first quarter of fiscal year 2006-07 for the amended amount of this lease.

 

Submission Date and Time:    9/6/2006 4:40 PM9/6/2006 2:01 PM___

Department:  Administration

Prepared by:   E.F. Smyth, ACM                     

Attachments:         Yes  X    No ______

Advertised:   ____Not Required  X                       

Dates:   __________________________                     

Attorney Review :       Yes X   No ____

_________________________________           

Revised 6/10/04

 

Reviewed by: Dept. Head ________

 

Finance  Dept. __________________

                            

Deputy C.M. ___________________

                                                              

Submitted by:

City Manager ______RS___________

 

Account No. __001-6131-524-44-10_

 

Project No. ___________________

 

WF No. ______________________

 

Budget  _______$8,666.00_______

 

Available ______$8,666.00_______


 

RESOLUTION NO._______________

 

A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF LEESBURG, FLORIDA AUTHORIZING THE MAYOR AND CITY CLERK TO EXECUTE THE FIRST SUB-LEASE ADDENDUM TO THE SUB-LEASE WITH SUN TRUST BANK FOR LEASED SPACE FOR THE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT LOCATED AT 1300 CITIZENS BLVD, LEESBURG, FLORIDA; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.

 

 

BE IT RESOLVED BY THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF LEESBURG, FLORIDA:

 

THAT the Mayor and City Clerk are hereby authorized to execute the first sub-lease addendum to the sub-lease  with Sun Trust Bank  whose address is 200 South Orange Avenue, M.C. 2032, Orlando, Florida 32801, to execute the amendment for an additional 481.5 square feet of office space located at 1300 Citizens Blvd., Leesburg, Florida, for a term of three (3) years with three (3) one (1) year options.  

 

THAT this resolution shall become effective immediately.

 

PASSED AND ADOPTED by the City Commission of the City of Leesburg, Florida, at a regular meeting held the _11th ____ day of _September________ 2006.

 

 

 

                                                                            __________________________

                                                                             Mayor

 

ATTEST:

 

 

__________________________

City Clerk