Staff recommends approval of the resolution expressing concerns regarding certain aspects of the proposed update of the Lake County Comprehensive Plan.
Lake County is in the process of updating its Comprehensive Plan. The Lake County Local Planning Agency (LPA) has been holding hearings on this update. The hearing has been continued to Thursday, October 19 and October 27. It is anticipated that this matter will be forwarded to the County Commission for transmittal to the Florida Department of Community Affairs in November (at the earliest).
Staff is of the opinion that the City should formally express their concerns to the Lake County Commission about
1. Proposing changes to land located within the City limits of the City of Leesburg
2. Designating property adjacent to current City of Leesburg boundaries with rural or extremely low density.
3. Adding a policy concerning proposed density of annexed properties.
4. The proposed Comprehensive Plan not reflecting the adopted Sunnyside Study.
5. Mandating connection by County residents to municipal water and wastewater.
1. Approve the resolution.
2. Such alternative action as the Commission may deem appropriate
There is no fiscal impact to the City of Leesburg.
Department: Community Development
Prepared by: Laura McElhanon, AICP
Attachments: Yes____ No ______
Advertised: ____Not Required ______
Attorney Review : Yes___ No ____
Reviewed by: Dept. Head ________
Finance Dept. __________________
Deputy C.M. ___________________
City Manager _______RS____________
Account No. _________________
Project No. ___________________
WF No. ______________________