Staff recommends approval of Work Order No. 10 with Hanson Professional Services, Inc. for construction administration services related to the extension of Runway 13 and associated parallel Taxiway A.
Hanson Professional Services, Inc. is the consultant under contract with the City for services at Leesburg International Airport. Work Order No. 10 represents work associated with Phase I of the Runway 13/31 Extension Project, which includes extension of Runway 13 and associated parallel Taxiway A. The City has received a temporary permit from St. Johns River Water Management District. The final permit will be issued April 8, 2008. Construction can begin with the issuance of this permit.
Services under Work Order No. 10 will be as follows:
1. Assist owner with preparation of “Conformed Contract Documents and Specifications”.
2. Provide extensive Resident Project Representative (RPR) services for the work. (Also known as on-site inspection)
3. Perform quality assurance testing (sample and lab testing) per project specifications.
4. Perform “As-Built Survey” to obtain horizontal and vertical dimensional data so that constructed improvements may be located and delineated.
5. Prepare record drawings. Upon completion of construction, prepare plans (as-built) that reflect the project as constructed.
6. Prepare monthly summaries for FAA and FDOT.
7. Track all payments to contractor and subcontractors and report to FAA Civil Rights office. Ensure compliance to DBE aims and goals.
8. At the end of the project, certify that completion is according to engineered specifications as well as FAA specifications and prepare formal project close-out with copies to FDOT, FAA, and City.
1. Approve Work Order No. 10 with Hanson Professional Services, Inc.; or,
2. Such alternative action as the Commission may deem appropriate
The total cost of this agreement is $545,774.00. Funds for this project are included in the Airport budget as part of the Capital Improvement Plan. The grant agreement with FAA will provide 95% of this amount or $518,485.30. FDOT and the City will each pay 2.5% or $13,644.35.
Prepared by: __Charlie Weller_________
Attachments: Yes __X__ No _____
Advertised: ____Not Required __X___
Attorney Review : Yes___ No ____
Reviewed by: Dept. Head ________
Finance Dept. JB
Deputy C.M. EFS
City Manager ___________________
Account No. _031-1821-542-3130__
Project No. ___310018__________
WF No. ______301479/4________
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF LEESBURG, FLORIDA AUTHORIZING THE MAYOR AND CITY CLERK TO EXECUTE WORK ORDER #10 WITH HANSON PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, INC. FOR CONSTRUCTION ADMINISTRATION RELATED TO THE EXTENSION OF RUNWAY 13 AND ASSOCIATED PARALLEL TAXIWAY A; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
BE IT RESOLVED BY THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF LEESBURG, FLORIDA:
THAT the Mayor and City Clerk are hereby authorized to execute an agreement with Hanson Professional Services, Inc. whose address is 9015 Town Center Parkway, Suite 105, Lakewood Ranch, Florida 34202, for construction administration services related to the extension of Runway 13 and associated parallel taxiway A at Leesburg International Airport.
THAT this resolution shall become effective immediately.
PASSED AND ADOPTED by the City Commission of the City of Leesburg, Florida, at a regular meeting held the __24th___ day of _March_ 2008.