Staff recommends the City Commission provide a forum for public comment for the proposed improvements and commit to providing funding of $250,000 that will be provided by Lake County State Housing Initiative Partnership (SHIP) Program.
The City of Leesburg is applying to the Florida Department of Community Affairs (DCA) for a grant under the Neighborhood Revitalization category in the amount of $750,000.00 under the Small Cities Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program. For each activity that is proposed, at least 70% of the funds must benefit low and moderate income persons. Following are the activities, dollar amounts and estimated percentages that will benefit low and moderate income persons for which the City of Leesburg is applying:
Activity Number and Name Budget Range LMI% Benefit
03I – Flood & Drainage Improvements $ 602,000.00 At Least 51%
03J – Sewer Line Replacement $ 19,000.00 At Least 51%
03K – Water Line Replacement $ 35,000.00 At Least 51%
016 – Engineering $ 34,000.00 N/A
013 – Administration $ 60,000.00 N/A
Total $ 750,000.00
The project includes drainage improvements, sewer line replacement and water line improvements (fire hydrant additions) that will provide infrastructure improvements for the existing and anticipated residents that will reside in the Kristen Subdivision-Montclair Village Service Area.
The City of Leesburg plans to minimize displacement of persons as a result of planned CDBG funded activities; if any persons are displaced as a result of these planned activities the City of Leesburg will assist with relocation payments based on uniform act requirements.
This public hearing allows citizens an opportunity to comment on the proposed application. A draft copy of parts of the application will be available for review at the City Clerk’s Office and Housing & Economic Development. A final copy of the application will be made available at the City Hall, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Pursuant to Section 102 of the HUD Reform Act of 1989, the following disclosures will be submitted to DCA with the application. The disclosures will be made available by the City of Leesburg and DCA for public inspection upon request. These disclosures will be made available for a minimum period of five years.
1. Other Government (federal, state, and local) assistance to the project in the
form of a gift, grant, loan, guarantee, insurance payment, rebate, subsidy, credit, tax, benefit or any other form of direct or indirect benefits by source and amount;
2. The identities and pecuniary interests of all developers, contractors, or consultants involved in the application for assistance or in the planning or development of the project or activity;
3. The identities and pecuniary interests of any other persons with a pecuniary interest in
the project that can reasonably be expected to exceed $50,000.00 or 10% of the grant request (whichever is lower);
4. For those developers, contractors, consultants, property owners, or others listed in two
(2) or three (3) above which are corporations, or other entities, the identification and pecuniary interest by corporation or entity of each officer, director, principal stockholder, or other official of the entity;
5. The expected sources of all funds to be provided to the project by each of the providers
of those funds and the amount provided; and
6. The expected uses of all funds by activities and amount.
1. Approve the projects listed in the proposed plan and agree to commit $250,000 from SHIP funds for the CDBG project; or
2. Such alternative action as the Commission may deem appropriate
The City is obligated to commit $250,000 for the proposed grant activities. The funding will come from Lake County SHIP program and reflected in the 2008-09 budget.
Prepared by: ______________________
Attachments: Yes____ No ______
Advertised: ____Not Required ______
Attorney Review : Yes___ No ____
Reviewed by: Dept. Head ________
Finance Dept. __________________
Deputy C.M. ________EFS________
City Manager ___________________
Account No. 554-0000-331-5600___
Project No. _KC0001___________
WF No. ______________________