Staff recommends appointing Mr. John Leslie Johnson to a five-year term as a member of the Leesburg Public Library Advisory Board, said term to expire on September 30, 2012. The position was advertised, as required.
Mr. Johnson’s term expired on September 30, 2008. He has completed the required forms to seek reappointment to the Board (see attached). Mr. Johnson has served on the Board since 2004. He also serves on the Lake County Library System Advisory Board. Mr. Johnson is well-known as a community leader.
1. Appoint the applicant, Mr. Johnson, to the Board;
2. Such alternative action as the Commission may deem appropriate
Prepared by: ______________________
Attachments: Yes____ No ______
Advertised: ____Not Required ______
Attorney Review : Yes___ No ____
Reviewed by: Dept. Head ________
Finance Dept. __________________
Deputy C.M. _____EFS___________
City Manager ___________________
Account No. _________________
Project No. ___________________
WF No. ______________________
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF LEESBURG, FLORIDA, APPOINTING JOHN L. JOHNSON, AS A MEMBER OF THE LEESBURG PUBLIC LIBRARY ADVISORY BOARD TO FILL A FIVE-YEAR TERM OF OFFICE TO END SEPTEMBER 30, 2012; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
BE IT RESOLVED BY THE CITY COMMISION OF THE CITY OF LEESBURG, FLORIDA:
1. THAT the City of Leesburg Commission finds there is an appointment to be made to the Advisory Board in keeping with Section 2, Division 3 (2-92) of the Code of Ordinance of the City relating to the provision of library services.
2. THAT the City Commission herby appoints John L. Johnson for a five-year term to expire on September 30, 2012
3. THAT this resolution shall become effective immediately.
PASSED AND ADOPTED by the City Commission of the City of Leesburg, Florida, at a regular meeting held the _26th____ day of _January______ 2008.