Staff recommends appointing Ms Jane Sewell to a complete an unexpired term as a member of the Lake County Library System Advisory Board, said term to expire on February 28, 2012.
The previous appointee stepped down from the position in October 2008; the term is not due to expire until February 28, 2012. Ms. Sewell has demonstrated her interest in the Library and the City when she previously served on the Leesburg Public Library Board. Ms. Sewell supported the Friends of the Library during the initial phases of planning to establish the new library constructing funding. Ms. Sewell is a retired educator from the Lake County School System and a long time resident.
1. Appoint Ms Jane Sewell to the Board.
2. Such alternative action as the Commission may deem appropriate
Prepared by: ______________________
Attachments: Yes____ No ______
Advertised: ____Not Required ______
Attorney Review : Yes___ No ____
Reviewed by: Dept. Head ________
Finance Dept. __________________
Deputy C.M. _____EFS___________
City Manager ___________________
Account No. _________________
Project No. ___________________
WF No. ______________________
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF LEESBURG, FLORIDA, APPOINTING JANE SEWELL, AS A MEMBER OF THE LAKE COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM ADVISORY BOARD TO FILL AN UNEXPIRED TERM OF OFFICE TO END FEBRUARY 28, 2012; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
BE IT RESOLVED BY THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF LEESBURG, FLORIDA:
1. THAT the City of Leesburg Commission finds there is an appointment to be made to the Lake County Library System Advisory Board in keeping with Interlocal Agreement between Lake County and City of Leesburg Relating to Provision of Library Services.
2. THAT the City Commission herby appoints Jane Sewell to fill an unexpired term to end on February 28, 2012
3. THAT this resolution shall become effective immediately.
PASSED AND ADOPTED by the City Commission of the City of Leesburg, Florida, at a regular meeting held the _9th____ day of February______ 2009.