Staff recommends appointing Ms. Nora Hill (Nonette) to complete a five-year term as a member of the Leesburg Public Library Advisory Board, said term to expire on September 30, 2009.
Mr. Robert Duggans submitted his resignation because he relocated out-of-state just prior to the last Advisory Board Meeting in April. His term expires on September 30, 2009. There are two more meetings scheduled before the end of that term.
The City Clerk advertized the position, as required, and Ms. Hill submitted the only application (attached).
Ms. Hill served two terms as President of the Friends of Library Board during the fund-raising and construction years for the new library. Ms. Hill is well-known and respected in the community.
1. Appointment of the applicant, Ms. Nora Hill, to the Library Advisory Board.
2. Such alternative action as the Commission may deem appropriate
Prepared by: ______________________
Attachments: Yes____ No ______
Advertised: ____Not Required ______
Attorney Review : Yes___ No ____
Reviewed by: Dept. Head ________
Finance Dept. __________________
Deputy C.M. ___________________
City Manager ___________________
Account No. _________________
Project No. ___________________
WF No. ______________________
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF LEESBURG, FLORIDA, APPOINTING NORA HILL, AS A MEMBER OF THE LEESBURG PUBLIC LIBRARY ADVISORY BOARD TO FILL AN UNEXPIRED FIVE-YEAR TERM TO END SEPTEMBER 30, 2009; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
BE IT RESOLVED BY THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF LEESBURG, FLORIDA:
1. THAT the City of Leesburg Commission finds there is an appointment to be made to the Advisory Board in keeping with Section 2, Division 3 (2-92) of the Code of Ordinance of the City relating to the provision of library services.
2. THAT the City Commission herby appoints Nora Hill to complete an unexpired five-year term to expire on September 30, 2009
3. THAT this resolution shall become effective immediately.
PASSED AND ADOPTED by the City Commission of the City of Leesburg, Florida, at a regular meeting held the _26th____ day of _May______ 2009.