Staff recommends approval of the Rental and Management Agreement for management of tie-down spaces at Leesburg International Airport.
Management of tie-down spaces at Leesburg International Airport has been handled through contractual agreement with an airport Fixed Base Operator (FBO) since 1999. In 2007, Triangle Aviation, LLC was awarded the contract for the tie-down spaces. However, Triangle Aviation, LLC is no longer operating as an FBO and does not wish to continue providing this service. SunAir Aviation, Inc. has requested to take over the tie-down management operation
The attached agreement with SunAir Aviation, Inc. includes the following:
· Lease period of five years
· Lease rate of $334.00 per month plus applicable taxes
· SunAir Aviation, Inc. assumes all liability for the lease area, including any and all damage to aircraft tied down in the leased area
· SunAir Aviation, Inc. will be responsible for maintaining written rental agreements from individuals wishing to tie down in the leased area
· SunAir Aviation, Inc. will be responsible for ensuring that tie-down ropes are adequate for aircraft tie-down, even during periods of excessive wind.
1. Approve the Rental and Management Agreement with SunAir Aviation, Inc.
2. Such alternative action as the Commission may deem appropriate
This agreement will generate $4,008.00 in revenue annually to Leesburg International Airport.
Prepared by: __Charlie Weller_____
Attachments: Yes _X__ No _____
Advertised: ____Not Required ___X__
Attorney Review : Yes _X__ No ____
Reviewed by: Dept. Head ________
Finance Dept. _________JB_______
Deputy C.M. ___________________
City Manager ___________________
Account No. 001-0000-362-0230_
Project No. ___________________
WF No. ______________________
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF LEESBURG, FLORIDA, AUTHORIZING THE MAYOR AND CITY CLERK TO EXECUTE A RENTAL AND MANAGEMENT AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CITY OF LEESBURG AND SUNAIR AVIATION, INC. FOR MANAGEMENT OF TIE-DOWN SPACES AT LEESBURG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
BE IT RESOLVED BY THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF LEESBURG, FLORIDA:
THAT the Mayor and City Clerk are hereby authorized to execute a Rental and Management Agreement with SunAir Aviation, Inc., whose address is 8806 Airport Boulevard Leesburg, Florida 34788 for management of tie-down spaces at Leesburg International Airport.
THAT this resolution shall become effective immediately.
PASSED AND ADOPTED by the City Commission of the City of Leesburg, Florida, at a regular meeting held the 10th day of August, 2009.