For immediate release - April 4, 2011
City Offices and Downtown Streets to Close for 15th Annual Leesburg Bikefest
Leesburg City Hall, 501 W. Meadow St., will be closed Friday, April 8, during part of the 15th Annual Leesburg Bikefest in downtown. Offices include Customer Service, the City Clerk, Accounting, Human Resources and the City Manager’s Office. To save trips downtown during the busy event, no utility bill payments will be due on April 8.
Housing and Economic Development offices at 600 Market St. also will be closed April 8. The Leesburg Public Library, 100 E. Main St., will close April 8-10. All materials due back that weekend will be rescheduled to Monday, April 11.
The Municipal Services Center at 204 N. 5th St., which includes the Building Department, Planning and Zoning, Purchasing, IT and GIS will be closed April 8. The Environmental Services administrative offices located at 223 S. 5th St. also will be closed.
All city offices will open again on April 11.
2011 Leesburg Bikefest
Street & Parking Spaces Closure Plan
Friday, April 1st-10th
- Main & Palmetto Street Parking Lot, North side of parking lot directly in front of Parking Garage to allow installation of City Stage.
Tuesday, April 5th-10th
- Main & Palmetto Street South Lot
- Main & Palmetto Street North Lot
- 6th Street between Main St & Meadow St, various parking spaces
- 5th Street between Main St & Meadow St, various parking spaces
- After 5pm
- 1st Street from Main St to Magnolia St
- Various Spaces in the LP Parking lot
- 6th Street from Main St to Meadow St
Wednesday, April 6th -10th
- After 5 pm
- 4th Street from Market St North 100ft
- 2nd Street from Main St to Magnolia St
- 2nd Street from Main St to Market St
- 2nd Street from Market St North 100ft
- 7th Street from Main to Meadow
- Orange lot west ½ parking spaces
- 6th and Magnolia City Parking Lot
- Orange and Magnolia Parking Lot
Thursday, April 7th -10th
- North Palmetto Street parking spaces only - street remains open
- After 5 pm
- 3rd Street Parking Lot (Magnolia Lot)
- 4th Street Parking Lot (Magnolia Lot)
- Leesburg Partnership/CFA Parking Lot
- Main Street from 9th to Canal Street and all side streets from Meadows to Magnolia Trail
- Magnolia Street will remain open for car traffic on Friday but closed for Motorcycle traffic only Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday.
Friday, April 8th-10th
- After 5 p.m.
- Main Street from 9th to 12th Street –MOTORCYCLE ONLY
Sunday, April 10th
- Main Street from 9th to 12th Street will remain open for Church access and will close at 1pm to -5pm for motorcycle parking only