Robbery Prevention Tip List
In preparing for the holidays, or anytime, please ask family members to refer to this Robbery Prevention Tip List.
- Know your destination and have a planned route of travel
- Always be alert and aware of what is around you
- If you see someone on the road who indicates they need help, it is best to call the police when you get to the nearest telephone.
- If your vehicle is bumped from behind, do not stop on the roadway or shoulder. Drive to the nearest t public area and call for police assistance.
- If someone suspicious approaches your vehicle at a red light or stop sign, blow the horn.
- Do not pull over for flashing headlights. An emergency or police vehicle has red or red and blue flashing lights.
- If you become lost, find a public place, like a service station, to read your map or ask for directions.
- If you are told that something wrong with your vehicle, do not stop immediately. Drive to the nearest service station or another well-lighted public area.
- Keep doors locked and windows up when driving, and when parked.
- Valuables should be kept in the trunk, locked glove compartment, or out of sight whenever traveling or leaving a vehicle parked.
- Always park in well-lighted areas.
- Check the interior of your vehicle and surrounding areas before entering your vehicle.
- Do not pick up hitchhikers.
- If using an automatic teller machine, be sure the area is well lit. Count your money inside your locked vehicle with the windows up